[Asterisk-Users] Desired Install in MotorHome

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Wed Jul 28 13:39:02 MST 2004

Being a former "victim" of Starband Services, I'd say chuck the
connection and find a different way to connect.  Your customer will
never have a truly reliable connection, and what he has probably won't
be usable.  2s voice delays are disturbing and frustrating.  Further, an
Asterisk system would be overkill anyway, as it wouldn't be able to do
VM or IVR or any such app while his mobile home is moving.

Alternatives would be SprintPCS's data service which usually clocks in
>120kb/s on www.wapspeed.com, or T-Mobile's mobile internet service,
once they implement EDGE nationwide.  Of course, your customer will
still be out of reach in large parts of the country... But while we're
talking GSM or PCS services... Why not get a good tri-band phone
instead?