[Asterisk-Users] broadvoice/asterisk

Jeremy Hall jeremyhall at mpccorp.com
Wed Jul 28 13:04:00 MST 2004

>>> Also make sure that you have insecure=yes in your friend/peer
>>> section of you sip.conf file. Sorry forgot to mention.
>>>
>>> make sure that you have this line in your general section of you
>>> sip.conf file:
>>>

>>> srvlookup=yes
>>>
>>> -james

Chris Shaw <> scribbled on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 11:20 AM:

> Is it still working now? I haven't been able to get it to work since
> last night... I all of a sudden lost registration and it refuses to
> register...
> all of their servers are UNREACHABLE...

I spoke with James a little while ago as I was having some intermittant
registration issues as well.  Basically you want to remove the
Broadvoice entry in your hosts file, and let srvlookup=yes do its job.
Insecure=yes should be in your BV context.  I had all of that set up
correctly, but was still having problems with registration.

James suggested I update my Asterisk version as I was running CVS from a
month ago.  I restarted Asterisk at 11:30 this morning once the new
version was compiled, and it has been rock-solid ever since.  That is
2.5 hours up, and I was getting registration errors on the CLI every 15
minutes or so.

Hope that helps!

Jeremy

Disclaimer: 28/7/2004

MPC Computers is providing the following information in compliance with federal regulations:

MPC Computers, LLC
906 E. Karcher Road
Nampa, Idaho 83687
1-888-224-4247
http://www.mpccorp.com

If you wish to unsubscribe to all e-mail communications with MPC, please click on the link below.