[Asterisk-Users] Best Linux for Asterisk

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Wed Jul 28 11:04:14 MST 2004

I am running a RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 rebuild. Fairly easy just
recompile the RedHat 9 SRPMS and off you go :)

I like the fact that updates are supported until at least 2008 :) unlike
Fedora

The rebuild I use is taolinux.org

I have another box running Gentoo but the Asterisk ebuild is still at
version 0.9 so I haven't tried installing * on that box yet (I don't like
installing from cvs).