[Asterisk-Users] MGCP & Caller ID

Duane Cox duanec at mail.illicom.net
Wed Jul 28 08:50:11 MST 2004

YES, because you could have an MGCP gateway device (more than one POTS line)
ie. ours have 4
If so you would do something like this...

[2084728800103]
host = dynamic
context = westcomllc
callerid = "Jeremy Jones" <103>
nat = no
transfer = yes
callwaiting = yes
threewaycalling = yes
cancallforward = yes
mailbox = 103 at westcomllc
line => aaln/1
callerid = "Jeremy Jones #2" <104>
transfer = yes
callwaiting = yes
threewaycalling = yes
cancallforward = yes
mailbox = 104 at westcomllc
line => aaln/2

I do have a question for you though...   I experimented with host=dynamic on the MGCP channel (we use MGCP here)
I got it to work, but in this scenario, it was fatal, I'll explain and please tell me if you see the same thing.

With host=dynamic, our MGCP end device would register with asterisk when powered up or when making the first call.
All OK here, and asterisk would now remember (in memory) this registration, so any calls going back to the end device would be mapped appropriately.  The fatality is that if asterisk is restarted, this "database of mapping" which was saved in memory; is now lost, so if a call came in and the end device was never rebooted/restarted (to accomidate the asterisk restart)  the mapping did not exist, as it was not saved in a "database" and the call would fail.  So I switched back to host=ip.ip.ip.ip

Do you see the same problem?  Please let me know.

Thanks
Duane Cox