[Asterisk-Users] Access voicemail from Cisco 7960

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 07:50:24 MST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:22:17 +0200, Evert Meulie <evert at witelcom.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> Who can tell me how I can access my voicemail? When I dial the voicemail on
> my Cisco 7960 I get access, but when trying to enter my mailbox number it
> seems that Asterisk doesn't 'get' any of the keys I press. DTMF problem
> perhaps?
>
> Any suggestions on how/where to fix this...?

I had a similar problem.  If you look at the console, you'll probably
either see it missing digits, or sending too many digits.  Even though
I was using ulaw as my codec, Asterisk didn't like my specifying
dtmfmode=inband.  I commented out that line and away it went fine.

Here is my current sip.conf for my 7960 which works (connected
directly to the Asterisk box)

[100]
type=friend
secret=password