[Asterisk-Users] Best Linux for Asterisk

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Jul 28 06:29:29 MST 2004

Eric Kirkland <yg at ads.aero> wrote:
> Hi folks; Can anyone recommend the best Linux OS (versions, etc) to
> run Asterisk?

"Best" is highly subjective, and asking is likely to provoke a holy war ;)

> I'd like to be able to run the Text To Speech apps and some of the
> extended functions of the software (no phone hardware needed, all
> Voice over IP stuff)... I'm currently running Asterisk on Mandrake
> Linux (vesion 10 I think?) but I'm having difficulty compiling the
> TTS stuff.

Yes, I found that the TTS resisted my attempts to make it work on a
Slackware box. However, it works fine on Debian 3.0 (which is also my
preferred Linux distribution.)

--
[About a discussion of heavily customised cars.]
I thought they were talking about cheap whores - smelly, ugly, brightly