[Asterisk-Users] Best Linux for Asterisk

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Wed Jul 28 06:31:30 MST 2004

Oh boy, time for distro wars :)

I have found that for some reason Asterisk seems to run better on Slackware
than Redhat, that's just my personal non-scientific observations, but we
have 4 Asterisk servers in production(two redhat 9, one slackware 9.1 and
one slackware 10.0) with almost identical hardware and the Slackware boxes
have a lower average load over the same Asterisk usage. I have also talked
with several people who are very happy with Mandrake, Gentoo and Debian.
Those are the distros that most of the Asterisk crowd seem to use. There is
also an Asterisk-centric distro but I haven't heard much about it lately.

And as always check out the Wiki:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+linux+distributions

MATT---