[Asterisk-Users] MGCP & Caller ID

Duane Cox duanec at mail.illicom.net
Wed Jul 28 06:22:24 MST 2004

Try this:

mgcp.conf

[2084728800103]
host = dynamic
context = westcomllc
callerid = "Jeremy Jones" <103>
nat = no
transfer = yes
callwaiting = yes
threewaycalling = yes
cancallforward = yes
mailbox = 103 at westcomllc
line => aaln/1

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeremy Jones
  To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
  Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 8:13 AM
  Subject: [Asterisk-Users] MGCP & Caller ID

  Good Morning,

  I'm having an issue with callerid display when calles are placed _from_
  an mgcp device (8x8 ata w/mgcp firmware).  Internally, there are several
  different sip devices and one mgcp device.  Calls from any of the sip
  devices to any other device (sip or mgcp) have name/number displayed
  properly by the called party's phone.  Calls from the mgcp device to any
  other device display "Asterisk" as the cid name, nothing for number.
  Here's what I have in my mgcp.conf for the device:

  [2084728800103]
  host = dynamic
  context = westcomllc
  line => aaln/1
  callerid = "Jeremy Jones" <103>
  nat = no
  transfer = yes
  callwaiting = yes
  threewaycalling = yes
  cancallforward = yes
  mailbox = 103 at westcomllc

  When placing outbound calls (out our pstn gateway), I always replace cid
  name/number w/the main number & name of the company, so that direction
  it's not an issue -- just internal calls.

  Anyone seen this & have ideas about what to do with it?

  Thanks,
  Jeremy Jones
  To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: