[Asterisk-Users] Best Linux for Asterisk

Eric Kirkland yg at ads.aero
Wed Jul 28 06:13:37 MST 2004

Hi folks;  Can anyone recommend the best Linux OS (versions, etc) to run
Asterisk?  I'd like to be able to run the Text To Speech apps and some of
the extended functions of the software (no phone hardware needed, all Voice
over IP stuff)... I'm currently running Asterisk on Mandrake Linux (vesion
10 I think?) but I'm having difficulty compiling the TTS stuff.

I'm just wondering if there's a widely used version that pretty much works
with everything...?

Andy

---