[Asterisk-Users] Can't dial SIP<->EuroISDN (HFC-S based PCI ISDN card): Unable to create channel of type 'Zap'

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Wed Jul 28 05:08:50 MST 2004

> Jul 28 12:34:29 WARNING[16384]: chan_skinny.c:2584 reload_conf
> ig: Unable to get our IP address, Skinny disabled
>   == Registered channel type 'Skinny' (Skinny Client Control Protocol
> (Skinny))
>  [chan_oss.so] => (OSS Console Channel Driver)
>   == Console is full duplex
>   == Registered channel type 'Console' (OSS Console Channel Driver)
>   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/oss.conf': Found
> Jul 28 12:34:29 WARNING[163850]: chan_oss.c:238 sound_thread
>
> : Read error on sound device: Resource temporarily unavailable
>
> Do you think that such warnigs may be somehow related to "Unable to
> create channel of type 'Zap'"? (Soundcard is an onboard VIA chipset
> based card)

I don't think so.

However, I only load as little modules into asterisk at possible, e.g. my
modules.conf starts with a autoload=no.

However, the "Unable to get our IP address" looks fishy anyway. Enter the
command "hostname" in your shell and make sure that this domainname
points to your IP into /etc/hosts.

Afterwards, you should be able to do a     ping `hostname`   without any
errors.