OT: Re: [Asterisk-Users] John Vogel

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Tue Jul 27 23:47:23 MST 2004

> > Also, if you end up publishing it yourself, LaTeX will provide you
> > with great features which will make your life MUCH easier and your
> > work MUCH more professional-looking.  Personally I write all my
> > documents in LaTeX using vim but that is strictly a matter of
> > personal preference.

I wrote my manuals also in LaTeX, but not with "vi" or "vim", but with a
Wiki, CGI::KWiki. I wrote a python script kwiki2latex that does the
conversion for me. It can  handle pictures, automatic TOC, half-automatic
Index, Tables, chapter-to-subsubsubchapters, areas that should be on the
wiki but not in the book and links inside the document.

That makes our whole embedded development team contribute to the
Documentation, which is quite nice.

I find this actually way nicer than doing LaTeX by hand or doing Docbook.
When I see the Asteriskdoc Docbook files with their extraordinarily long
lengths.