[Asterisk-Users] Re: Upgrade from Altigen

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Tue Jul 27 20:20:33 MST 2004

Thanks Jim.  I found the info in the guide.  Apparently upon failure the
card will automatically switch an incoming trunk to the first extension on
the card.

So this brings me to find a similar solution.  I noticed that VoiceTronix
OpenSwitch has this to say on their site:

Phones Function on Power or PC Failure
    * Loop-Start ports switch through to Station ports on power or PC
failure to preserve basic telephone functionality.
    * This by-pass mechanism connects the external PSTN lines to telephone
handsets on station ports.
    * A watch-dog timer triggers the by-pass mechanism on PC failure.

>From how I read this the card will provide failover the to the FXS devices.
There is no documentation on the web site.  Can some expand on how this
works?  I assume that I can manually configure FXO to FXS mapping.

It doesn't look like the Digium hardware supports this feature.  Is that
right?

Geoff