[Asterisk-Users] Successfully Using $135 Avaya sip phone

Brian Elton eltonb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 19:50:28 MST 2004

I think I am the first to use the $135 Avaya 4602 SIP phone, but I
need some support from the community to fix one problem I have with
it.

The phone stops working after about 20-30mins if I have
mailbox=context in Asterisk; when I do have mailbox=contect in
asterisk the sip debug returns "481 extension does not exist."

Anyone willing to help me figure out why?

I.E. Is it an Asterisk issue? Is it a configuration issue on my side?
Is it a bug with the phone?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and it would open the way for an
excellent, economically priced phone to the Asterisk community.

--Asterisk CVS-HEAD-05/25/04-15:08:06