[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7910 Setup

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Tue Jul 27 13:46:58 MST 2004

Randy MacKay wrote:

> Can a Cisco 7910 phone be used with Asterisk?  I understand it needs to be
> setup with SCCP?  I own a 7910 and would like to use it with my Asterisk
> system if possible.

The 7910 functions as a basic telephone using chan_skinny, which ships
along with Asterisk.  There is also another channel driver, called
chan_sccp, that is available at http://chan-sccp.sourceforge.net/

chan_sccp has implemented more of the SCCP protocol, so some class 5
(hold, transfer, forward) features should work, whereas chan_skinny has
never gotten that far.

Report back your troubles and/or successes with which ever driver you
decide to try.

Jeremy McNamara