[Asterisk-Users] User-Oriented Management of Asterisk

Miroslav Nachev miro at space-comm.com
Tue Jul 27 07:37:05 MST 2004

   Dear Chris,

   We are interesting of this and would like to work together with
you.

   Best Regards,
   Miroslav Nachev

While I was away on vacation, buried deeply in another thread (New
Asterisk bounty: SIP simultaneous), Olle E. Johansson raised a question
which is close to my heart - Asterisk's management model.

A management model which simply manages telephone extensions and dial
plans is irrelevant to most organisations. We need a model which manages
users and their interaction with the PBX.

I am currently constructing a CIM model of Asterisk from a user
view-point so that Asterisk could offer a WBEM management interface,
thus fitting in with the other enterprise equipment in the office. There
is some interest in this model within the DMTF. Is anyone else
interested?

Chris

--
Chris Hobbs