[Asterisk-Users] Pickup an unanswered line

Dirk Dulfer ddulfer at email.com
Tue Jul 27 01:27:55 MST 2004

Apologies if this messages appears more than once, somehow sending it via gmane's nntp-server doesn't work as expected.
Been trying to send this message for 2 days now, without success so far...
---

Hello,
I'm exploring the capablities of Asterisk and must say I'm really impressed!
However, I don't need most of the options, but can't figure out the things
that appear simple to me...

We share our 3 phonelines with 20 users (students). There's a (pre-WWII)
ISDN-PBX which some of the students want to keep. Since only 5 handsets can
be attached I thought Asterisk would be a perfect solution for the remaining
15 students.

So far I managed to get things running, but if I configure extensions.conf
like

exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,DigitTimeout(10)
exten => s,3,ResponseTimeout(20)
exten => s,4,Background(vm-extension)

the old PBX users can nolonger answer the line, since Asterisk answers it.
Is it possible to answer an incoming call by dialing (eg.) an * (or dial 8)?
(also possible to broadcast caller ID without answering???)

Thanks in advance!