[Asterisk-Users] Suggestion on reporting provider problems (was [RANT] Boadvoice...)

Sunrise Ltd stsltdtyo at yahoo.co.jp
Mon Jul 26 22:20:27 MST 2004

Various readers wrote ...

> Can we keep this type of stuff off the list?

and

> Maybe an Asterisk-Provider list?

and

> This allows anyone else who may be using
> this specific provider to see that yes indeed
> other people may be having the same problems
> that they are and yes there will be a fix for them
> or no there will never be a fix for them...
>
> Also support people from the various providers
> check this list often.

May I suggest that we make use of the Wiki to collect and
document experiences with providers. Then, if somebody has
entered *new* contents, they can post a one liner here
like

"New entry on the Wiki on connection problems with
StutterVoIP Inc. at http://www.voip-info.org/..."

The Wiki pages should be organised by providers. This will
put all the information in one central place and providers
will have an opportunity to fix and respond to any issues,
if they wish. At the same time it will keep the noise down
here.

As an example, check out this Wiki page here

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20Experience%20with%20Nikotel

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not suggesting "rant"
pages, but exchange of experience between users with the
aim to a) inform others and b) allow providers to address
issues. In other words, something like an open "service
bugtracker".

rgds
benjk

--
Sunrise Telephone Systems Ltd
9F Shibuya Daikyo Bldg., 1-13-5 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan