[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 to IAX2...i'm obviously an idiot!!

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Mon Jul 26 15:07:23 MST 2004

Tony Nichols wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 14:47, asteriskstuff at ziplip.com wrote:
>
>>Hi All
>>
>>I'm trying to get two Asterisk servers to talk to each other using IAX(2).
>>
>>I've read the WiKi and the docs and tried the examples.....

So either the Wiki is very wrong or you didn't try very hard.

For example:  You (bob) want to send a call from your 7960 (SIP) to your
friend (joe) using IAX2 and GSM.

Lets start with your machine (bob)

sip.conf:

[bob7960]
type=user
secret=somesecret
context=my_friends
disallow=all
allow=ulaw   ; 7960s don't rap gsm, so asterisk has to transcode, which
is fine

iax.conf:

[joe]
type=peer
host=1.2.3.4
secret=guessme
disallow=all
allow=gsm
auth=md5

extensions.conf:

[my_friends]
exten => 1234,1,Dial,IAX2/bob at joe/${EXTEN}

Then on your friends (joe) machine, who has a TDM400P (Zap) device.

iax.conf:

[bob]
type=user
secret=guessme