[Asterisk-Users] [RANT] Broadvoice problems again

Chris Shaw chriss at watertech.com
Mon Jul 26 13:51:14 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brent Franks" <mwless at mindworks.net>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice problems again

> > Can we keep this type of stuff off the list?  It's annoying to get 100's
> > of emails a day with nothing other than a simple conversation.  Please
> > take it offlist with someone you're worknig with.
> >
> > Joe
> >
> > I know, I'll be flamed for this.
>
> Agreed.  Maybe an Asterisk-Provider list?  Every other day Voicepulse,
> Broadvoice, Nufone, etc goes down the list gets these threads that
> shouldn't be archived (since it only is an outage), doesn't really solve
> anything, and C has nothing to do with asterisk.  If it worked with
> Asterisk before today, it's not an Asterisk issue.  Granted, I know, that
> * doesn't support Sip Proxies yet, but this isn't a discussion about
> Proxies...
>
> - Brent

/* Begin Rant */

I disagree completely.... Since this is not a solicitation for business it
does not belong in the asterisk-biz group.... Since it has nothing
SPECIFICALLY to do with the * code, it does not belong in asterisk-devel...
There is not *Yet* an asterisk-providers list... the next logical step is to
place it here...

This allows anyone else who may be using this specific provider to see that
yes indeed other people may be having the same problems that they are and
yes there will be a fix for them or no there will never be a fix for them...
Also support people from the various providers check this list often. Like
James from BroadVoice and Jeremy from NuFone and probably others...

I hate to state the obvious but if you don't like what you're reading....
Don't read it.... or use that little key on your keyboard marked DEL...

If/When a group is provided for discussion about providers then I agree
these postings should be placed there...

Also, please don't put your whining in the same thread as people who are
actually TRYING to be helpful... if you want to rant, please change the
subject or something...

/* End Rant */