[Asterisk-Users] Sip usage and busy? (BroadVoice related)

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Mon Jul 26 12:34:51 MST 2004

Ok, here's a couple of fun ones:

1. I'm using BroadVoice for most of my outgoing calls.  When I call a
number that's busy, I usually just get silence for a few seconds
(dial-timeout).  The 486 response doesn't come back until much later.
When I use Vonage's SoftPhone line for this, the 486 comes back
instantly.  Could this be my config, or should I ask BroadVoice for
help?  James, are you listening?

2. BroadVoice now allows multiple outgoing calls, however additional
calls are charged by the minute.  ChanIsAvail *always* returns a
positive result when checking whether a SIP channel is available.  Is
there a known way to determine whether an outbound call to a certain
sip-host is in progress, or do I have to set a global variable (and hope
it doesn't get stuck somehow)?