[Asterisk-Users] Help with T1 PRI Configuration

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Mon Jul 26 10:25:33 MST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Steven Critchfield wrote:

> > I would be worried that the list included almost none of the settings for
> > a pri anyway. Nothing on the number of did digits to pass, nothing on the
> > dialplan settings and so on. It really is was a list of t1 trunk options.
>
> That would be due to the PRI providers would prefer to send you all
> digits than some shortened amount.

None of the operators we have been in touch with (only 2 so far) default
to sending more than just enough based on the size of the assigned number
space. I.e. a 100-number block would get a 2 digit DID be default.

Some pbx:es do not support more than 4 digits DID.

> Basically there isn't much deviation on the PRI side, from my limited
> experience. There is a lot of options that can't be changed easily on
> the T1 trunk lines.

There are quite a few variables from my experience. This is with EuroISDN
as a base. I'm not sure if things are more or less standardized in
America.

Peter