[Asterisk-Users] Problem with T1 signalling mode

robert.halligan at lakecommunications.com robert.halligan at lakecommunications.com
Mon Jul 26 06:30:47 MST 2004

Hi,

I have an Asterisk system (built from CVS 27th May 2004) fitted with a
TE410P card. Spans 1 and 2 are set for T1, B8ZS/ESF. Spans 3 &4 are setup
as PRIs.
On span 1  I have a CAC  Access Bank II (configured to use loop start) and
on span 2 I have a PBX which supports loop start, e&m (wink, immediate,
delayed) and DID. I need to have some channels on the PABX setup as loop
start and some as E&M. However, Asterisk will only run if the signalling on
both T1 spans is the same (all loop start or all e&m). I can not even have
one T1 Span set as loop start and one T1 span as e&m using the following
configuration:

zaptel.conf

span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs

fxols=1-24
e&m=25-48

zapata.conf

group=2
signalling=fxo_ls
channel=1-24

group=3
signalling=e&m
channel=25-48

I run ztcfg -vv
followed by asterisk -c

Asterisk reports "Signalling requested is e&m wink but line is in FXO
loopstart signalling" followed at the end by " Loading module chan_zap.so
failed".

Is it possible to get Asterisk to support different signalling modes on T1
spans?
Is there some thing else I need to do?

Regards

Robert Halligan

postmaster at lakecommunications.com

scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

www.lakecommunications.com