[Asterisk-Users] Can Asterisk register through a sip proxy with a username incorporating a different server?

Charlie Hedlin charlie at hedlin.com
Mon Jul 26 05:36:34 MST 2004

For those that read my messages about broadvoice this will be completely
redundant, but I am looking for a larger audience (and know most people
must pick and choose which messages they read).

To explain the reasoning behind this question to every reader,
broadvoice had a failure yesterday, but I plugged in my broadvoice
configured Cisco 7960 and it STILL WORKED.  They apareently are built
with a considerable amount of redundancy, but Asterisk seems to be
unable to utilize it.  I will admit it is possible I have missed
something with the configuration, but I have searched the wiki and
mailing list.

The cisco 7960 phone is registering itself as
<phonenumber>@sip.broadvoice.com via proxy.broadvoice.com.  It looks up
the SRV record for proxy.broadvoice.com and uses
proxy.lax.broadvoice.com and proxy.dca.broadvoice.com.  It keeps itself
registered through both proxies.  This was verified with ethereal.

The Cisco phone is configured with sip.broadvoice.com as the sip server
for the line.  proxy.broadvoice.com is listed as the outgoing proxy in
the configuration.

What would it take to get Asterisk to do the same?

Thank you,
Charlie Hedlin