[Asterisk-Users] Help with T1 PRI Configuration

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sun Jul 25 20:36:15 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 04:56, Peter Svensson wrote:
> [snip]
> >> I'm not sure of the correct answers to any of these.  I do know that I want
> >> to be able to get caller ID and the number dialed for the applicationthat I'm
> >> building.
> >
> >Most of these questions are for trunks being delivered over a T-1, not
> >for PRI. If you are truly ordering PRI service (which is the more
> >powerful of the two) then these questions don't apply :-)
>
> It does very much sound like they intend to deliver a non-pri T1 trunk.
>
> There are a lot of other knobs to fiddle with for a pri. :-)

I'm digging out from under a weekend of email and maybe this has been
covered already, but most of the time you are talking to a sales guy who
has been given a check list and told to get these answers. It assumes
that the installer of the PBX knows which ones to ignore for what is
being ordered. Even when you graduate up to a entry level tech that
proof reads the checklist to verify there is nothing in conflict, you
may get asked similar questions again.

The other answers where spot on. This hopefully will give you confidence
in why so much was not relevant.