[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice problems again

Charlie Hedlin charlie at hedlin.com
Sun Jul 25 19:55:34 MST 2004

I had my asterisk configuration working very well with broadvoice, but
it stopped working this afternoon.

I plugged the Cisco 7960 phone I used for my origional signup (just a
few days before they offered generic BYOD) and it works fine.  I did
notice it seems to do all of its comunication through
proxy.broadvoice.com (I used tcpdump).  I have never contacted
broadvoice about using asterisk (it seems their support is busy enough),
and just downloaded the phones configuration file via tftp before the
phone did.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I read the messages about the failure a few days ago (as I experienced
it as well) where asterisk wasn't using the redundant servers.  I did a
tcpdump on my asterisk traffic and it apeared to be using both addresses
for sip.broadvoice.com.  I am running today's cvs head (but this failure
was present before, but I didn't run tcpdump then).

Thank you,
Charlie