[Asterisk-Users] 'Asterisk for Small Office Setup'

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Sat Jul 24 23:25:56 MST 2004

Surely you mean "grammar"?  Sorry, I just had to point that out :)

Personally, I'd take issue with the title -- if you need to do a
"small-office" setup by-the-book, then chances are you're not
resourceful enough to find the required information online -- and if you
can't even find the basics online, once something doesn't go
quite-as-planned, you're stuck up the creek without a paddle.

I propose to write a five-page pamphlet based on the excellent "Getting
Started With Asterisk" guide that simply lists what you can do with
Asterisk; what you need in terms of hardware and SKILLs; then walks you
through a basic setup "from scratch" and lists where you can find more
information online.  This would be a worthwhile pursuit once 1.0 is
done.