[Asterisk-Users] Hack to make * -> (H323) -> CCM -> IOS GW work

Chris Luke chrisy at flirble.org
Sat Jul 24 09:37:33 MST 2004

Jeremy McNamara wrote (on Jul 24):
> Chris Luke wrote:
> >The chan_h323 in CVS and chan_oh323 both exhibited the same behaviour.
>

> I have setup chan_h323 to talk to CCM without any trouble, after someone
> informed me we had to override the External RTP object, which is part of
> cvs -head now.  I highly doubt the obsolete -stable has it.

I'm running HEAD, dilligently updating at least once a day. It still
requires your overrided RTP object since the GW RTP endpoint is on a
different address.

It works with CCM without my hack, provided I don't try to place a call
that routes via the GW behind CCM. It could well be a tweakable on CCM
too, but I only have so much access to it and didn't find such a thing.

Basically, without this hack, or if the call is not answered ms after
it begins to ring, the CCM never ever sends me an openLogicalChannelAck,
which means I never get told to send my RTP to the GW. We send the
openLogicalChannel message - it doesn't get answered.

And in any case, there's no point the CCM/GW sending me ringing audio,
since rtp.c will ignore it until there's a far end RTP address to
reciprocate to - and which h323 doesn't ask for until after it's
answered.

Chris.
== chrisy at flirble.org