[Asterisk-Users] Priorizing of packets

Thomas Heiss contact at agency.franken.de
Sat Jul 24 04:19:01 MST 2004

I am using ISDN 64k + VOIP (iLBC, G729, GSM codecs only!) + bulk traffic
(FTP, P2P, E-Mail, etc.).

I am using tc, HTB 3.6 + finer tuned wshaper script.

It works pretty well for me.
The callee never misses any VOIP packet from my side.

So I guess HTB + QOS works pretty well, even for VOIP.
I use a VOIP only queue and all queues with fixed rates + correct ceil
values.

I never have tested CBQ yet so I can't tell you, if CBQ outperformes HTB on
VOIP queuing.

Blackvel