[Asterisk-Users] Doublehash transfers

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Fri Jul 23 16:33:42 MST 2004

At 10:17 PM +0200 on 7/23/04, steve at daviesfam.org wrote:
>On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, John Todd wrote:
>
>>  I think I've talked about this a few times in a few different posts,
>>  but the short of it is: wouldn't it be great to just press a single
>>  key to have some dialplan action taken without hanging up on either
>>  side of the conversation?  This should probably be a different
>>  bugnote, but I'm out of time.  Anyone else think this might be useful?
>
>Yeah!  Like having your dialplan "listening in" on the bridged call.  Add
>some helper apps and we can program consultative transfers and much much
>more in a channel/device independent way!
>
>Steve

The trick is to disconnect the two legs, send them both to
potentially different dialplan sequences, and then somehow let them
reconnect to each other.  I envisioned a channel type that would
reference call identifiers as channel names... but I'm not sure if I
ever sent that to the list or not...

JT