[Asterisk-Users] Doublehash transfers

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Fri Jul 23 12:36:09 MST 2004

At 6:59 PM +0200 on 7/23/04, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>John Todd wrote:
>
>>I hate being a "me too" poster, but the double-hash patch I have
>>implemented four times now, and I know at least three other people
>>who have also gone well out of their way to put that patch into
>>their system.  Making this an "official" modification would be
>>ideal, in my opinion, especially if it is selectable
>>(default=single #, to retain previously expected functionality.)
>
>Friends,
>I think this was one of the reasons parking.conf was changed to
>"features.conf". Let's help test this patch and see if it will
>help you. If not, add your features:
>
>http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0002010
>
>/O

Tested.  Seems to do what it says it will.

While not in the spirit directly of the double-# transfer trick, you
might want to see my long-winded discussion about how other keys
might be configured to do other things:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2003-November/002185.html

I think I've talked about this a few times in a few different posts,
but the short of it is: wouldn't it be great to just press a single
key to have some dialplan action taken without hanging up on either
side of the conversation?  This should probably be a different
bugnote, but I'm out of time.  Anyone else think this might be useful?

JT