[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk + NEC Electra Elite IPK Integration

Christopher L. Wade clwade at sparco.com
Fri Jul 23 08:51:59 MST 2004

Tony Nichols wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 13:36, Christopher L. Wade wrote:
>
>>Exactly which NEC T1 interface did you use?  I'm looking at the DTI-U20,
>>I don't think I'll need the U30, but I'm not entirely sure.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Chris
>>

> I used the DTI-U10 (DTI-24-U10). Got it from GTS Telephone
> Inc.(732-323-8620) for $300.00 (reconditioned).
> My voice t1 comes into asterisk via the first T100P, and attaches to the
> nec t1 via the second T100P using e&m_wink (as a trunk).Then with LCR I
> make it add a 9 to the outgoing trunk so asterisk will route it to the
> T1.
> I grouped the channels that sales calls come into, and I grouped the
> channels that go to the nec, so I could use a dial string like:
>
> [sales]
> exten => s,1,Playback,transfer|skip  ; "Please hold while..."
> exten => s,2,Dial,zap/g7/210         ; Ring, Nec sales group
> exten => s,3,Hangup
>
> and to ring extensions on the nec I did this:
>
> ; nec bridge
> exten => _1XX,1,Dial(zap/g7/${EXTEN})
>
> g7 (group7 is the T1 trunk); Extension 210 is a virtual extension set to
> ring 5 other nec extensions; and the 1XX will match extensions in the
> 100 range that are not on the asterisk.
>
> I should get started on the doc's.... didn't realize how far I'd come
> till now.
>
> Problems I still have:
> 1. If someone dials slowly from an nec extension - the nec sends the
> first group, asterisk then tells them the number is not in service.
> 2. IAX2 connection to remote office is still "choppy" occasionally.
> Don't know if the pix 501 is getting overwhelmed by the encryption of
> voice packets or what?
>
> t o n y

I haven't really gotten too far into this, but I was wondering just what
'features' of the NEC phones (DTH-16D-1(BK)TEL) I'll be able to work
with from *?  I'm currently getting some pressure to ensure that all the
little bells, whistles, and lights will continue to work as they
currently do.  I'm also afraid that if the phones would end up becoming
'dumb' (or should I say dumber than they already are), this could kill
my plan for an NEC to * migration, and would be a huge loss for * in my
company, not to mention a huge extra expenditure for ACD Plus otherwise.

Thankfully, regardless of the outcome of everything else, I will be
setting up one machine to interact with some IAXy's for remote extensions.

thanks,
chris