[Asterisk-Users] Configuration help

jas_esp at ono.com jas_esp at ono.com
Fri Jul 23 00:37:51 MST 2004

Hello from Spain,

I have in my company a PBX that we are using at this moment. We want to
migrate to VoIP, so after investigating for about a week we decided to use
Asterisk, but save the old PBX. We have 7 telephone lines, and we want to
connect 7 extensions from the PBX to the Linux box used for Asterisk. The
question is concerning about what type of cards and how many we must buy
from Digium to connect Linux to the PBX. We want to keep the PBX for use
with the Fax and maintain a telephone directly connected to the PBX in case
the Linux Box fails.

I know this is not the best configuration... The company actually has about
3 telephones connected to the PBX, migrating almost all to VoIP.

Thank you very much.

(Yes, I know, my english is very very poor)