[Asterisk-Users] RAID/SCSI/IDE/SATA and a TE405P (or T100P) card. Should I expect problems?

Deon Rodden drodden at webunited.net
Thu Jul 22 12:03:09 MST 2004

Not sure on load as of yet. We have a bout 80 customers right now, most with
only 1 phone. 3-5 of them are small offices with 5-10 phones. Right now we
have 3 PRI's and 1 Older Voice T1 (non PRI, 24 channels) going into a Cisco
router, which then sends it via SIP to Asterisk. I'm wanting to phase out
the Cisco as the TE405P cards are cheaper than the Dual Port VWIC cards for
the Cisco.

However, reading all these posts about hardware incompatibiliites and little
issues with different hardware has gotten me a little concerned about this
migration/changeover. IRQ's, poor quality controllers, dual processor's,
raid vs ide, etc. etc. can all affect a call. If the server isn't just
right, I could encounter issues.