[Asterisk-Users] Symbian Softphone

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Jul 22 04:17:08 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 04:20, steve at nexusuk.org wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has found a IAX or SIP client for the Sony
> Ericsson P900 phone - there seems to be some stuff available for Symbian
> 60 phones but I haven't been able to find anything for Symbian UIQ phones
> like the P900 and P800.

I have an N-gage so this message piqued my interest. I can't seem to
find any links to series 60 voip apps.

> (The idea is to have the ability to use the phone as a cordless phone
> doing VoIP over the bluetooth PPP connection).

I don't think a bluetooth ppp connection will get what you think. I
current;y establish bluetooth ppp links with my phone, but the phone end
is then connected to my GPRS provider. This is nice in that I can get my
laptop on the net via the phone, but I don't know of a way to get a PPP
connection from phone to laptop without a GPRS connection.

So far the buzz around here has been in using the cellphone as a audio
device via the bluetooth connection if the proper profile was inluded.