[Asterisk-Users] question regarding Asterisk. X-Lite, and firewall

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Wed Jul 21 10:24:25 MST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Michael Wang wrote:

> How do I change configuration of Asterisk so that phone B can use
> aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd as RTP destination, instead of the private IP address?

sounds like * is using reinvite to get itself out of the loop and let the
phones send RTP directly between themselves. Because of the NAT, this
won't work. To prevent * from sending the reinvite, and to keep RTP
traffic flowing through *, try using nat=yes and/or canreinvite=no in
sip.conf (you choose which section, general or phone-specific)

Greg