[Asterisk-Users] echotraining on T1 circuits

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Wed Jul 21 10:24:36 MST 2004

Hello,

We just had some new T1s turned up today to replace others that our contract
has run out on and we are now getting more echo on the new T1 lines than we
had on the old ones.

The T1 type is 24-channel, D4/AMI SF Robbed-bit(the same as the T1s they
replaced)

The problem is that we are getting echo on about 10% of the calls in and out
placed on these new T1s compared to less than 1% with echos on the old T1s.

I was wondering if anyone with T1s or E1s is using echotraining=yes. All the
info on echotraining I've found seems to involve POTS lines not T1s.

Also, how much of a pause is made when using echotraining?

Here are my current zapata.conf settings for the T1s:
[channels]
group=1
language=en
signalling=em_w