[Asterisk-Users] Occationally SIP ext apparently is busy and goes to VM

Robert Withrow bwithrow at nortelnetworks.com
Wed Jul 21 07:46:47 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 16:56, Steve wrote:

> I think the above is related to the Grandstream going bad. A few times when I
> power it up it does not boot all the way. Now it did not even accept key
> presses in VM, though it did accept the VM button...

I've talked to Grandstream engineers and they are aware of the problem,
but don't seem to be making any headway fixing it.  They asked me to
send them packet traces the display the problem happening, which I have
not been able to do.  I have determined that it *does* have something to
do with message waiting stuff, but just subscribing to MWI doesn't cause
the problem.  Only having the phone indicate messages or retriveving
messages or both causes.

If anyone can collect packet traces (etherial or whatever), please send
them to Grandstream support.

--
Robert Withrow, BWithrow at NortelNetworks.com, +1 978 288 8256, ESN 248