[Asterisk-Users] DID VoIP trunk provider for metro Chicago, LA and/or Orlando.

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at backtobasicsmgmt.com
Wed Jul 21 07:43:05 MST 2004

Jay Milk wrote:

> Doesn't it go the other way 'round?
>
> Smaller companies = more lines/employee;
> Larger Companies = fewer lines/employee

Well, the crossover point is pretty low; we are seeing small companies
(6-8 employees) with four lines but only one or two are in use 95% of
the time. They have four for those rare cases where they need them, but
with our service they can go over their "maximum" number of lines any
time they need to.

Also, you have to remember that we will have _lots_ of these small
companies (hopefully!), so when you multiply that out to 30 customers
with 8 employees each, you are back to the same "large company" model,
but for a group of smaller companies.