[Asterisk-Users] Echo on a PRI

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Jul 21 05:11:37 MST 2004

> > Is there an application I could use to test this?  I.E. like the echo
> > test, but doesn't send anything back...
>
> app_record.so ?

If you want to test "towards" the telco's central office, find out what
their "quiet terminiation" number is. Just about every central office
has a piece of equipment attached to a local telephone number (line)
that does nothing more then properly terminate the call into it, and
is typically used by the telco's installers for measuring noise on
new installs.

You'll probably play hell trying to find someone that can tell you
what that number is (varys by central office), but the telephone
installers know what it is. (They also use a milliwatt generator which
is on a different telephone number.)

Call the quiet termination and test for echo.