[Asterisk-Users] Festival 2.0

Steve Woolley swoolley at adstelecom.com
Tue Jul 20 17:53:47 MST 2004

According to the Festival website
(http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival/), a new version of festival
version 2.0 should be showing up soon (end of July). There is even a
Beta version (Festival 1.95) available for download. Supposedly, the new
version has many bug fixes as well as a new HTS and Multisyn synthesis
engines. The site also states backward compatibility with 1.4.3 as well
as a host of other features.

I know that part of Festival installation process includes a patch from
the /usr/src/asterisk/contrib directory that is needed for asterisk to
use festival. I have not tried using the festival-1.4.3 patch file on
this beta version, but I can only assume that with the extensive changes
that this would not be to successful.

Has anyone toyed with this new version of Festival and integrating it
into asterisk?

--
Steve Woolley
IT Manager