[Asterisk-Users] PRI dead in USA?

Bob Knight bk at minusw.com
Tue Jul 20 11:30:07 MST 2004

brian wrote:
> Well they fail to realize that ISDN is used for more than data.  I just
> wanna scream at them and say "IT DOES VOICE TO YOU NINNY!".. Rates are far
> from reasonable.  167/mth here is what I would have to pay for ISDN-BRI.
>
> SBC is lame.

Back in the day, Pacbell was pretty lame also.
I worked at a place that made isdn routers.
We had a cheat sheet we used to give customers so they could tell
pacbell how to provision their line.

I had several BRI lines at just $28 per month.
I would stack up the B channels and run MLPPP.
We allowed users to cheat and make data calls look like voice calls.
I think the speed went down from 64 to 56 when you did this, but you
saved some per minute phone charges.

The good old days.
The phone company never seemed to really want to deal with isdn back
when it was cool.  Now with dsl, they must really ignore it.

--
Bob Knight
[-w] the work option
bk at minusw.com