[Asterisk-Users] PRI dead in USA?

Chris Shaw chriss at watertech.com
Tue Jul 20 10:06:25 MST 2004

Never rely on a telco for correct information, they will very often be
wrong... unless you luck out and actually talk to someone who knows
something...

Both PRI and BRI are capable of ANI (Caller ID) by using their D-Channel to
send/receive this information digitally...

A regular T1 (read non-ISDN) can also receive Caller ID if it is done
in-band (I.E. Between the first and second rings like an analog line
does...) This is the old-school way of doing it, but you get the benefit of
not losing that last channel...