[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Gui client

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Tue Jul 20 07:39:23 MST 2004

> A program that can hold you hand as you go along is very nice. What you
> could also do is add help screens that gives more in depth
> descriptions. But I'm looking forward to see your product as it grows!

Yeah, help screens could be good. Or, when you enter the config, it can
say

* You should add at least one phone.
* Having a telco line could be useful.

... and so on. So that a newbie knows what to do.

For help: in the configlegs, where the VarType(...) definitions are, you
can add a hint, e.g. you change

   VarType("ext",
           title=_("Extension"),
           optional=True)

into

   VarType("ext",
           title=_("Extension"),
           hint=_("""If you define an extension, then you can call the
           phone with this number. A phone without an extension can still
           be used as a target for direct dialin or calling groups."""),
           optional=True)

This text will then show up to the right of the web form. Later, I'd like
to make this a popup window.