[Asterisk-Users] Zap channels not working in morning

Doug Ratcliffe dougr at dwwfl.com
Tue Jul 20 07:06:32 MST 2004

I set up an Asterisk system here, running 4 FXO channels.  2 are currently
configured for use.  It seems that overnight the Zap channels stop
responding to calls, and will not run outgoing calls.  The Asterisk screen
does not show them as active, and no response occurs on the screen when they
stop responding.  I checked the log files but nothing seems to be happening
out of the ordinary.  I'm using a SPA-2000 to connect the extension analog
phones to it.  It works perfect all day then it stops responding for no
apparent reason.  It stayed up yesterday morning fine, but it was reset the
day before.  This morning it stopped working again.

Any ideas?  A reboot solves it every time but I'd rather not do that if I
didn't have to.

Thanks