[Asterisk-Users] chan_capi: sending incoming calls to different contexts

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Tue Jul 20 04:57:47 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 08:31, Holger Schurig wrote:
> > Not sure if it works for you, but the simplest way is:
> >
> > [capi-in]
> > exten => <DIDNUM1>,1,DoSomething
> > exten => <DIDNUM2>,1,DoSomething
> > exten => <DIDNUM3>,1,DoSomething
> >
> > where <DIDNUMX> is the direct indial number. Much nicer than goto
> > statements with complicated splits.
>
> AFAIK you have only a DIDNUM if you have DID, that is with ISDN P2P, but
> not with P2MP. Or am I wrong?  Are the multiple MSNs handled like DIDs?
>
> DID=Durchwahlnummern

DID=Direct Inward Dialing, yes, but there is not much difference between the
configuration of P2MP and P2P. The snippet shown is correct.
It depends though a bit on the telco, what number they are sending.

Most telco's send the full number, when talking P2MP, and only the last digits when
talking P2P.

Eircom only sends the last 4 digits, no matter what (don't ask me why) on P2MP. Haven't tried
on P2P yet, since they are nasty slow in processing their orders.

Anyhow the example up there fits for anything, you just need to figure out what your Telco is sending to you :o)

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen