[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP 500 Voicemail

Wiley E. Siler wsiler at e2020inc.com
Mon Jul 19 16:28:25 MST 2004

Mine does the same.  Once in Message center I can choose selection
1.Message Center and then soft key Select.    Then I select the
registered line that I want to check voice mail on. That is no less than
4 key strokes just to get into your voice mail.  Not many to me but tons
to an unskilled user.  However, in the documentation regarding the
bypassInstantMessage value, supposedly, setting bypassInstantMessage to
1 is supposed to allow you to go right into voice mail without
navigating the Message Center.  That is the big question on my mind at
this point.  I have yet to get this to work and I also don't think I am
receiving any SIMPLE messages ti show me that I have messages waiting.

Do you get a message waiting indicator?