[Asterisk-Users] uip200 clips audio prompts

Ryan Courtnage ryan at voxbox.ca
Mon Jul 19 08:12:18 MST 2004

On July 19, 2004 08:57 pm, jparr at bgcfreedom.com wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Ryan Courtnage wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We find that our UIP200s clip off the 1st second of audio prompts from *
> > (ie: the beginning of voicemail prompts).
> >
> > Has anyone found a way around this?
> >
> > Running CVS-D2004.06.29.15.30.00 on WBEL 3.0
>
> This happens with my 7940s as well. I have found that using and Answer,
> and a Wait(1) before playing back prompts works well. Prevents Alisson
> from saying "Assword?" when dialing VoicemailMail(20).

Thanks for your reply.  I have been able to use this method to eliminate some
of the problems, but from within the voicemail application, I don't beleive
there is a way to set a delay between each prompt?

ie: I'll hear: "Press 0 for New messages, ... for old messages, ... for work
message ....".   The "Press x.." is cut off of the beginning of the prompts.

I only see this problem with uip200s.  BT102s, handytones, sipuras, etc work
just fine.

Thanks
Ryan