[Asterisk-Users] Cheap PoE switches/injectors?

Jonathan Moore moorejon at usd465.com
Mon Jul 19 12:14:53 MST 2004

Some certainly are dumb power. For instance the Linksys POE modules. I wasn't
aware of that being an issue with the 3com module. The way to know for sure is
to ask if it supports 802.3af which is the standard that includes the
autodetection to pretect non-POE equipment.

Did a quick search and it looks like you are correct about the 3com single line
injectors, which does indeed explain the price differential.

--
Jonathan Moore
Director of Technology

Visit Winfield Public Schools at http://usd465.com