[Asterisk-Users] Cheap PoE switches/injectors?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at backtobasicsmgmt.com
Mon Jul 19 11:34:40 MST 2004

Scott Laird wrote:

> So $1600 for 24 ports.  That's not *too* bad.  HP seems to have a
> similar model (2626-PWR) for a similar price.  3com also seems to have a
> 24-port injector for $800.

I still don't understand why I can buy single-port injectors for $20,
but multi-port models are $30 per port and up. You'd think that having a
single combined power supply and other bits would reduce the cost, not
increase it.

I'd like to see someone make a single-port injector that fits into a
keystone jack, so I can insert 24 of them into a 24-port keystone
rack-mount panel, and then power them with a stock Valcom 48V A-battery
power supply.