[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 SIP V6 and distinctive ring.

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Mon Jul 19 10:59:38 MST 2004

On Jul 19, 2004, at 9:29 AM, asteriskstuff at ziplip.com wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can anyone with distinctive ring on their 7960's possibly post how
> they've got it to work?
>
> I understand that the ALERT_INFO variable is involved but using the
> examples for the variable value from the WiKi I'm just getting an
> error message from the Asterisk concole.

I'm setting it to 'Bellcore-dr1' through 'Bellcore-dr4'.  I'm grabbing
the value out of Asterisk's database and sticking it into ALERT_INFO
like this:

[macro-setalertinfo]
   exten => s,1,DBGet(ALERT_INFO=distinctivering/${CALLERIDNUM})

Works fine for me.  You should also be able to do
'SetVar(ALERT_INFO=Bellcore-dr1)' without problems.  Can you show us
the line that's generating errors?

Scott